List of Topics
MULTI-USER INFORMATION THEORY (PhD Related, KUL)
- Informationtheoretical Results for Multiple Access Channels (Ph.D.-thesis, K.U. Leuven, advisor: Prof. Edward van der Meulen, 1982).
- Computation of the Wyner-Ziv Function (auxiliary thesis, K.U. Leuven, advisor: Prof. Edward van der Meulen, 1982).
MULTI-USER INFORMATION THEORY (TU/e)
- Write-Unidirectional Memories (co-authors: Han Vinck and Ineke van Overveld). First conference paper: “Repeated Recording for an Optical Disc,” Seventh Symposium on Information Theory in the Benelux, Noordwijkerhout, The Netherlands, May 22-23, 1986, pp. 49 – 53.
- The Gaussian Channel with Causal Side-Information at the Transmitter (1988 and 2000).
- Asynchronous Slepian-Wolf Communication
- Coding Theorem for the AWGN Channel in Terms of Jointly Typical Sequences (10th Symp. on Inform. Th. in the Benelux, Houthalen, Belgium, May 25 & 26, 1989, Proc. pp. 13 – 18.). Tutorial paper, for stronger results, see Cover and Pombra, “Gaussian Feedback Capacity”, IEEE-IT, Jan. 1989, pp. 37-43.
- Maximal and Average Error Probabilities for the Broadcast Channel (1990)
- Ring Source- and Channel Codes (co-author: Masoud Salehi, NorthEastern Univ. Boston), 12th Symposium on Information Theory in the Benelux, Veldhoven, The Netherlands, May 23 & 24, 1991, pp. 113 – 120.
- The Dependence-Balance Bound (co-author: Andries Hekstra)
- Communication Via a Broadcasting Satellite, joint work with Aaron D. Wyner, Jack K. Wolf, appeared in IEEE Trans. Inform. Th., Special Issue on Shannon Theory, June 2002, pp. 1243 – 1249. Invited paper. Final version. These results were first presented at ISIT 1990 (ProcPage28, ProcPage29) San Diego. Network Coding “avant la lettre … ”.
- Mini-Course “Introduction Network Information Theory,” TU/e, September 21, 2007.
(UNIVERSAL) SOURCE CODING
- Petry Codes (co-author: Tjalling Tjalkens)
- Datacompression and Repetition Times. First conference paper: “Repetition Times and Universal Data Compression,” Seventh Symposium on Information Theory in the Benelux, Noordwijkerhout, The Netherlands, May 22-23, 1986, pp. 73 – 80.
- Modified Lawrence Codes (co-author: Tjalling Tjalkens)
- Context (-Tree) Weighting Methods (principal co-authors: Yuri Shtarkov and Tjalling Tjalkens)
- Coding for Piecewise Stationary Sources (co-authors: Franco Casadei and Marco Krom)
- Plenary lecture at ISIT 2013, Istanbul, July 7-12, 2013. Title: “Lossless Source Coding Algorithms”.
WATERMARKING and DATA EMBEDDING
Data Embedding and Semantic Coding (co-workers: Dirk van de Borne, Martin van Dijk, Ton Kalker, Deran Maas)
Biometric Systems (co-workers: Tanya Ignatenko, Jasper Goseling, Ton Kalker, Jean-Paul Linnartz)
The Restricted Delay Bound (co-authors: Jan Bergmans and Guy Kerpen)
Shaping Codes (co-authors: Jos Wuijts and Brian de Bart)
Decoding Techniques (co-author: Aljosa Pasic)
Signaling for Parallel Channels V ia an Input Permuter (with Alexei Gorokhov)